Topic

Zpacks long reg.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Zpacks long reg.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert n
    BPL Member

@bobbydneuman

I have a new MSR Freelight 2 red tent  and a smd lunar le,  that I want to trade,  I have an offer the zpacks long reg sleeping bag . I’m 6 ft 1 and weigh 196lbs,  the length should be good the width is 56 in. Does anyone know if that will fit me? I’ve always been on the thin side usually around 180, but I’m up to 196, does anyone know if this will fit, I really want the sleeping bag but not if it’s too tight

Thanks for any help Robert

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

On the Zpacks website there are charts that explain fit.

Robert n
    BPL Member

@bobbydneuman

All I could find on zpacks  charts …the long slim, would fit someone 6 ft, and is 56 in. Wide, I’m 6ft 1in, and weigh 196, I don’t know if it will fit. On Monday I have to contact Packs about something else. In a chat situation I will ask if it will fit me if it does I’ll get it, but it seems like it was designed for a tall woman or someone real skinny. I’ll find out monday

Iago Vazquez
    BPL Member

@iago

Locale: Boston & Galicia, Spain

Under the charts there’s a link that says Choose Your Size. There’s an explanation under girth about size. Tried copying and pasting below. At 190 lbs, my guess is you probably want wide/broad.
    <div class=”pad”></div>
    <h2>Length:</h2>
    <p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>

We have found that a hoodless sleeping bag works best if you can pull it up around your ears on cold nights or bundle it up around your neck to seal out drafts. You’ll want to sleep in a warm hat, your jacket hood, and/or a Goose Down Hood in extreme cold.

The listed length of the bag should come up to the <b>ears</b> of a person that height. The length factors in space for your feet, length to come around your body girth, and around the shoulders. The foot box and sizing work well for stomach sleepers and side sleepers as well as back sleepers.</p>

<div class=”pad”></div>
    <h2>Girth:</h2>
    <p style=”padding-left: 30px;”>

The dimensions of the bag are measured with it opened up, stretched tight, from one edge to the other. If you already have a bag to compare, measure the same way.

To measure your body use a string or cloth tape measure around the thickest part of your chest including your arms. Add 8″ or more for wiggle room. <b>If you like extra wiggle room size up in width!</b>

You can also use a sheet or blanket pinned to the specified width to get an idea of how much girth you’ll have.</p>

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools