Topic

ZPACKS Customer Service

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ZPACKS Customer Service

Viewing 17 posts - 51 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • Author
    Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

I was referring to the reddit link provided earlier in this thread. Its interesting info even if not all of its true.
    the thread is good too, but the link sheds light on things I didn’t know were even a thing

Brett A
    BPL Member

@bulldogd

@woodenwizard

I figured the reddit link is what you were referring to.  The petty back and forth there is what I can’t stand.  Even an attempt to read between the lines, it’s hard to discern fact from fiction.  I appreciate the civility here at BPL.  In the end, Zpacks delivered as promised on my order.

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

Everything I have ordered-from Duplex to multiple accessory orders have shipped earlier than listed times by a few days. All emails were answered in a timely and friendly manner. No complaints.

Anonymous
    Inactive

^^ Yeah but, when was that?  Pre pandemic, during pandemic, present pandemic?  I have four major orders out there with various vendors.  Don’t really care when they come in.  I have to take everything in stride.  It’s not like things are “normal(ish)” again.  Hopefully soon, mostly for my school teacher wife and two college kids.  I’m retired so there’s that.  Now if I could just get these three humanoids out of the haus…   The old saying of, to find out where you’re going-look where you’ve been, is a decent part of the recent equation.  I feel most people are adapting to the circumstances, even if that means at their own level.  Adapt and move on.  Don’t complain, don’t explain.  It’s going to be Ok.  It’s a nice day out there.  Think I’ll take a walk.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Gotcha… it is nice to not have mud slinging from both sides. Its like food poisoning- spewing from both ends. So tired of it. Every day.
    I’m glad at least some people are getting taken care of. Interesting news about them selling an Joe not heading it up anymore. I had no idea.
    My buddy worked at a place here famous for being weird. Years ago he quit and the owners came to his going away party. Later he got rehired at a promoted position and did that for like 8 years.  Then they sold to a Corp and he got fired ‘For wearing his hat crooked’ essentially the guy didn’t like that he was weird. Was a reliable jack of all trades For a decade that wore his hat crooked.

I guess when business grow there is a tipping point.

Brett A
    BPL Member

@bulldogd

Think I’ll take a walk

Cures most ills.

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

Interesting news about them selling an Joe not heading it up anymore. I had no idea.

Sorry, I missed it — where is this news?

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

In the reddit link in a post on page 2 of this thread.
    it’s vague, but it looks like somebody else runs the show. Lots of back and forth- so who knows

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

Thanks.

Anthony O
    BPL Member

@evo100517

**UPDATE**

Zpacks contacted me in regards to the two CS issues I inquired about and within 24 hours sent confirmation of replacements. I haven’t received the replacements but the issue has been resolved.

Lange Jorstad
    BPL Member

@langostino

They seem to be a little inconsistent depending on what the customer service query is. I recently ordered a Hexamid – to Australia – and it shipped in one week and was at my door in less than 2 weeks. I can only assume they manufactured a few in advance of announcing the re-release and they must have been ready to go.

Really sounds like small business growing pains, possibly compounded by COVID. Unfortunately bad feedback spreads like cancer through hiking forums, and can do reputational damage. Good lesson to cottage manufacturers – make sure CS is a high priority, and that it scales as you grow.

Rick Hancock
    BPL Member

@rickhancock

I’ve made several purchases from Zpacks. Always good quality but stupid expensive. My main problem is they’ve gone to assembly line construction and totally away from custom work which was what brought the masses to them. I purchased a Nero and wanted a (what I felt was slight) custom addition. I wanted a top Y Strap installed to hold my ground pad or 6 Moon Design Lunar Solo Tent. I realize the Nero is only a 20lb or less capacity pack but they refused to do the install. They mentioned pack weight and I explained my intentions. They wouldn’t budge. I purchased the pack with side pockets ($30 extra) and had a friend who sews gear do the install. I also purchased a Waymark Pack and didn’t want the clips to attach across the top but to clip on either side. The owner had me return the pack and he took care of it no charge. I paid for postage and he paid return. I think these companies get to big and forget the people who supported them in the beginning.

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

Someone on reddit who works for an outdoor gear company said they have gotten a 50X increase in customer emails. I think a little slack should be given to Zpacks during this time.

David U
    Spectator

@the-family-guy

Nope.  Hire some people.

Thomas G
    BPL Member

@tomgattiker

I agree.  Their service is pretty poor.  I will probably take my business somewhere else next time.

William Chilton
    BPL Member

@williamc3

Locale: Antakya

Not always bad judging by this; it might help to read some of the earlier posts to get the full picture.

John B
    BPL Member

@jnb0216

Locale: western Colorado

I placed an order with them last week, and had a question about it.  Used the chat function, and got a response within 24 hours which answered my query.  Also, placed 3 orders with them in the past 6 months, all without problem–sleeping quilt and tent included; the time lag was near what they had promised on these items.  No issues with them at all!

Viewing 17 posts - 51 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools