Topic

Zpacks 65 arc haul with zippers

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Zpacks 65 arc haul with zippers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Robert n
    BPL Member

@bobbydneuman

They advertise this pack as not needing a pack liner? My second pocket is also zippered shut. They say because when you un zip the back pocket ,usually see threw stretch material, you open the pack to the main pocket and it does make it easy to get to stuff in your big pocket. It is all made of dynema, or cuban fiber. So I have my sleeping bag and other items I don’t want to get wet?  Is this safe? I would hate to go on a fall or winter

Ike conditions and find everything inside wet after a rain storm. Does anyone have any experience with this? Am I  worrying for nothing?

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

Keeping your sleeping bag is extremely important. I’d always keep it in a dry bag. The tiny amount the bag weighs is nothing. You can use the cheap trash compactor bag or just something small for the sleeping bag.

Jeff Hollis
    BPL Member

@hyperslug

Water was alway in my Arc Haul after hiking in rain. I just don’t think you can seal a pack enough to make it totally waterproof. You can use a silnylon dry bag that weights little for sleeping bag and clothes.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools