Topic

Zoleo Mandatory Update…woes. GRUMPY

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Zoleo Mandatory Update…woes. GRUMPY

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    John “Jay” Menna
    BPL Member

@jaymenna78734

Locale: 30.3668397,-97.7399123

Got an email from Zoleo this morning.  Its says:

ZOLEO App Version 4.1.5 contains a mandatory update for your ZOLEO device. Failing to complete the update will result in your ZOLEO device disconnecting from the app. If this occurs, the functionality of your ZOLEO will be limited to its built-in SOS and Check-in buttons until the software update is completed.
    The update is quick and easy to complete. Please be sure to update to the new version when it becomes available. We’ll send a reminder on November 2nd — including how to complete the update.

I’m  3 weeks trail starting Friday early AM.

Dear Zoleo.  Not good.

Brad W
    BPL Member

@rocko99

So don’t update the app or just update before friday. What’s the issue?

John “Jay” Menna
    BPL Member

@jaymenna78734

Locale: 30.3668397,-97.7399123

Updated.     Just after I posted this:   Zoleo tech called me back.  Its a matter of a poorly worded email.

Im told that the only way to limit the Zoleos functionality is to update the phone app but fail to update the firmware on the Zoleo.

Since the APP contains the firmware update, the only thing you can do wring it to install the app and tell it to NOT update the firmware when prompted.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools