Topic

zipper recommendation for an inner net

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear zipper recommendation for an inner net

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Dan K
    BPL Member

@dk7988

I’m making an inner net from .5 noseeum mesh purchased from RBTR. My plan is to utilize the traditional inverted “T” shape. I could use some recommendations regarding the best zipper for this type of application. Weight is my primary consideration.

Also, where is the best place to purchase?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

#3 coil

RSBTR, outdoorwildernessfabric,…

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

Jerry is totally right. I haven’t found anyone else who can beat RSBTR for #3 YKK coil by the foot. However, if you want any kind of separating zipper, Questoutfitters is a good site to buy from. They also have a lot of other things Dutchware and RSBTR don’t have.  Shipping is higher though.

https://www.questoutfitters.com/zippers.htm

Dave @ Oware
    BPL Member

@bivysack-com

Locale: East Washington

I have some if RBTR is out.

#3 Tape

#3 Sliders with double pull

Dan K
    BPL Member

@dk7988

I appreciate the qualified responses. Looks like plenty of experience in this area. I’ll give Oware an order tomorrow.

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Just in case you’ve not ordered yet, would suggest nylon over polyester netting, the curse of which is holes that develop.  There are lots of nylon nettings on the same suppliers noted above.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools