Topic

Z-Bot Bottle Pot all in one

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Z-Bot Bottle Pot all in one

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

I was influence by the Vargo Bot ;-)

It has 24oz capacity. Made of light weight stainless steel. Added/welded a little piece to the lid so I can suspend it over a twiggy fire. Added a ridge line so I can use the windscreen as a trivet once the pot is removed from campfire coals. I use a stainless steel windscreen to surround the esbit stove. A Ti BGET is used to burn the esbit efficiently.

Something interesting occurs when the Z-Bot has been filled with water, lid is firmly screwed on and then turned upside down. Only 3-4 drops of water drip out the large hole in the lid and then no more water comes out unless Bot is shaken vigorously.

I plan to use one end of a  band aide to cover the lid hole when transporting water in it. Good container to cold soak rice, beans etc. The lid has an excellent silicon seal.

DSCF3792.JPG

DSCF3793.JPG

DSCF3794.JPG

DSCF3795.JPG

DSCF3798.JPG

DSCF3799.JPG

DSCF3800.JPG

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

One more photo to add:

DSCF3801.JPG

Stephen Bing
    BPL Member

@stephbing

Locale: SoCal

I see no pictures

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

James Walter
    BPL Member

@jbutzi

Very cool, Dan!

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

It was a fun project. 1 esbit boils 2 cups. Calm conditions, 45 degree water start temp. Didn’t care how long it took to get the boil. I was sippin  hot chocolate while waiting for the test to progress :-)

todd
    BPL Member

@funnymo

Locale: SE USA

Sweet Bot alternative!

Will you be selling these?  Or if not, can you share the source for the container?  Oh and how much does it weigh?

Thanks Dan!

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

I have put together several kits but came to a standstill due to so many things going on in life. My computer “c” drive is 99.9% filled and can’t load videos. Every time I delete stuff, windows comes in and updates and blahblahblah :-( Black Friday……..gotta get a new laptop ;-))))

Weight?  have not weighed the Bot

I do have 5 Stainless steel Vargo Bots that I will be selling as soon as I can find the time. I think I have some Titanium Bots also.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools