Topic

Xero Shoes Alpine Snow Boot Review (First Looks)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Xero Shoes Alpine Snow Boot Review (First Looks)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Marshall
    BPL Member

@andrewsmarshall

Locale: Tahoe basin by way of the southern Appalachians

Companion forum thread to: Xero Shoes Alpine Snow Boot Review (First Looks)

The Xero Shoes Alpine Snow Boot is a flexible, insulated, waterproof, zero-drop footwear option for minimalist shoe lovers who still want warm feet in cold and snowy conditions.

Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

So…..I recently did a 6 day trip in the Smokies that included 40 or so miles NOBO on the AT. I encountered  a thru hiker using these boots, and while he said they were comfortable,  after 200 miles they were delaminating and he was working with a skeptical company to get them replaced. Not my 1st hand experience but I wanted to pass  it along.

Andrew Marshall
    BPL Member

@andrewsmarshall

Locale: Tahoe basin by way of the southern Appalachians

Thanks for the info, Russ! Good to know.

Ben H.
    BPL Member

@bzhayes

Locale: No. Alabama

I don’t mean to get off-topic, but I recall Xero shoes starting as a DIY custom sandal on these forums. He then started making them for other people and now they are a huge company! Does anyone else remember this? Am I just making this up? I tried to look for the old threads but was unsuccessful.

Jani Sahamies
    Spectator

@zoroff

They had just started adding shoes at the end of 2018, when I bought a pair. A year or two before, they had something like the DIY kit and three sandals.

Somewhere shortly after 2018 they went for it and sold stock to their customers, to raise funding for going big.

Since then they have released a lot of new models, and I think they are also selling on Rei.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools