Topic

X-Mid 1 Pro Release

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) X-Mid 1 Pro Release

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    BPL Member

@skinnypete

Well, Dan is back to take our money again. Just in time for tax season. 😄

YouTube video

R L
    Spectator

@slip-knot

Locale: SF Bay Area, East Bay

Awe, man.  And just when I thought I was done with DCF.

Steve Thompson
    BPL Member

@stevet

Locale: Southwest

It looks awesome.  I was waiting to see this, give it a “meh” upon first look, and the spring for a duo.  Now, not so fast.  I’ll wait for a few reviews but this looks like the real deal.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Locale: Canadian Rockies

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

Brilliant. That’s probably the only thing that could drag me out of my Aèon Li.

Bill in Roswell
    BPL Member

@roadscrape88-2

Locale: Roswell, GA, USA

Sold out in about 5 breaths. But Dan said more are on the way.

Mike
    BPL Member

@skinnypete

Luckily I got one. Kept refreshing the page. I was able to buy it at 7:56 PST if that helps anyone for next time. I’m STOKED to use it this year. Bye bye plex solo.

9:24 PST Looks like there are still some available.

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Still some left. They are about 75% sold out so they’ll likely sell out later today or tomorrow.

LARRY W
    Spectator

@larry-w

I bought an XMID pro 2 last year but came a bit late for my vacation time so I didn’t get to use it. But this one should come early enough to use and better sized for me anyway. The Pro 2 is a luxury tent for one though. Nice to have in buggy areas and extended rain. The logic I used for the Pro 1 was the weight difference equals a ground cloth that I would want anyway for cowboy camping with an air mattress.

Okay, that’s a kinda weak argument I gave myself but it’s my excuse and I’m sticking to it. Best not to think about it too much:)

Mike
    BPL Member

@skinnypete

Sold out. The last time I took out my 2P, a guy recognized it and told me congratulations. We’ll see if I get it again with the 1P. :)

john mcalpine
    BPL Member

@cowpie

@Mike…..you picked it up at 7:56am PST?   I tried a little before 8am and the system wasn’t up yet.

I bought mine around 8:15am.   Dan’s site was definitely running slow, but that’s understandable.

I’m really looking forward to this tent.   You’ll be seeing my 1st gen Aeon Li on Gear Swap soon.

Nicholas P
    BPL Member

@io

Locale: Acadia National Park

Great looking tent Dan!
    I am wondering does this tent have more interior volume/ head and shoulder room vs the regular XMid1 do to the hybrid design?

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Yes. With a singlewall/hybrid version the mesh side walls connect up to the fly instead of sloping in a bit to stay back from the fly. So the floor area is the same but it is wider at shoulder height and has more length and height because the mesh walls are gone. There’s pros and cons to that – more space but also doesn’t prevent you from touching the fly. It is quite a spacious tent though so it’s fairly easy to stay away from the fly.

We are sold out of the version with stakes but we still have some available with stakes. They are on track to sell out tomorrow.

Nicholas P
    BPL Member

@io

Locale: Acadia National Park

Great! That was my assumption thank you for the quick confirmation. Im still on the fence as I bought a xmid 1 solid this summer when it dropped but I am very tempted. On that note , I was also wondering if  you are going to be offering the option to buy the nests separate for the xmids anytime soon as I would love the option to switch to the full mesh version for the summer months.     Thanks again!

Steven Evans
    BPL Member

@steve_evans

Locale: Canada

I also nabbed one right when they went on sale. I tried to resist it so badly, but had a moment of weakness…alas, my Zpacks Solplex will be in the gear shop in the coming weeks :)

Mike
    BPL Member

@skinnypete

Dan have you thought if releasing a 3P or a Tarp?

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

I think I could do a really nice DCF tarp, but that market is served pretty well right now. I only want to introduce something if I think it actually is a meaningful improvement. A 3P will probably happen eventually, but it’s a long while off and whether that is an X-Mid or a new design is hard to say. As you get to 3P or 4P then it’s a pretty big tent for only have two trekking poles as structure. Might be worth adding more structure somehow.

Murali C
    BPL Member

@mchinnak

What will be the weight if one cuts the floor/netting off of the Xmid Pro 1? 10 to 11 oz?

Dan @ Durston Gear
    BPL Member

@dandydan

Yeah that sounds about right. I haven’t tried it but probably around 10 oz.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools