Topic

WTB Fabric Remenants for making MYOG Fanny Pack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear WTB Fabric Remenants for making MYOG Fanny Pack

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    California Packrafting
    BPL Member

@unnamedpeaks

Hi,

I want to make a couple simple SUL fanny packs for my Tenkara gear. I need such a small amount of fabric, I figured someone on here might have some scraps lying around they could ship me in an envelope for like $1 postage.

I was considering buying a few of the 7.5″ square fabric samples from Zpacks, those are only 1 dollar each and I think I could make those work, but if dimensions were a bit larger it would probably be better.

I am thinking of making something in the rage of a 7″wide, 5″ tall, 2″ deep bricks shaped pack. Basically similar to the Thru packs, but those are pretty pricey!

I am open to doing it in Sil or Cuben, robic, xpack….Anything lightweight you have lying around and need to get rid of that you think will work for this project. Also, could be a mix of different fabrics…

If you had appropriate webbing and zipper (waterproof?) i’ll take that too! But I can get those at a local store.

This would be my first MYOG project.

I’l throw you a few bucks, whatever we decide is fair. Thank you!

California Packrafting
    BPL Member

@unnamedpeaks

I didn’t mean to sound cheap “I’ll throw you a few bucks” I am happy to pay whatever the appropriate price for the fabric is.

Hoosier T
    BPL Member

@jturner140

Locale: Midwest

A single piece at ~10″ x 15″ would be just right for your desired dimensions. I have plenty of stuff laying around and I’m glad to pay it forward. Of the stuff I have, Xpac would be ideal. PM me your address and whether you want gray or black and I’ll send you a 10×15 piece.

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

I’ve got a couple variants of Xpac and some 4oz 200d coated nylon(and probably almost any other fabric you can imagine!). Happy to send you some for free as long as you post pics when done.

Ryan

California Packrafting
    BPL Member

@unnamedpeaks

Cool, thanks. Will send address PM.

Between you and Hoosier I’ll have plenty.

I can PayPal you for postage. Hopefully you can ship it in an envelope w a couple stamps?

Do you think it would be worth trying to make a fanny pack from cuben? I could probably do it with 1/4 yard. Lighter the better…

I could just order a yard of it and make some stuff sacks too I suppose!

Rory Goforth
    BPL Member

@rtgoforth

Locale: Northern Arizona

Ripstop By The Roll sells DCF by the half yard, still not cheap, but nice if you only want to do small projects.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools