Topic

Woodenshoe Canyon, Black Canyon Wilderness

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Woodenshoe Canyon, Black Canyon Wilderness

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Locale: Gore Range

Last spring made an impression. I returned this year with two of my favorites for a quick escape to the Dark Canyon Wilderness in the southeast corner of Utah; the geographic heart of the Colorado Plateau. Last weekend we had been skiing heavy spring powder, this week we were acting desert rats.

Link to full trip report

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

Nice trip Tim… what dates were you there?

billy

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Thanks Billy. We were out there April 21 to 24.

Billy Ray
    Spectator

@rosyfinch

Locale: the mountains

You hit the weather just right… a few days later and you would have had heavy rain and snow. I was up on ‘the Swell’ about your time…

Billy

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Indeed. Quite the clouds and heavy rain on our way out on Sunday. Helluva spring we’ve had so far! Going back out in a few days, although I’m going to stay a little closer to home this time. Crossing my fingers for warm and sunny in Escalante next weekend.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools