Topic

Wood stoves and their pipes…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Winter Hiking Wood stoves and their pipes…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Matt W
    Spectator

@will1e

This weekend i got to try my new hot tent and titanium backpacking wood stove.  The tent is basically an unbranded (bought direct from tent manufacturer) One Tigris hot tent: https://www.onetigris.com/smokey-hut-chimney-tent.html   The stove is a rectangular box roughly 8 x 8 x 16.

My biggest complaint is how far into the center of the tent the stove sat.  As i was scrolling through YouTube this morning, i noticed a video where the person had a similar looking stove, but the pipe coming out of the top was located in the front side (see photo below) by the door vs the back end away from the door like i had mine.

So my question is, what are the pros/cons of having the pipe towards the front vs. the back?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools