Topic

Wonderland Trail Itinerary

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Wonderland Trail Itinerary

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mike P
    BPL Member

@mdp787

Would anyone be able to give me some feedback on this Wonderland Trail Itinerary?

Date: Mid-Late July
    <ul style=”margin-left: .75in; direction: ltr; unicode-bidi: embed; margin-top: 0in; margin-bottom: 0in;” type=”circle”>
    <li style=”margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; vertical-align: middle;”><span style=”font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>Day 1 – Mowich Lake to North Puyallup- 15.1 mi / 24.3 km</span>
    <li style=”margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; vertical-align: middle;”><span style=”font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>Day 2 – North Puyallup to Devils Dream- 13.7 mi / 22.0 km</span>
    <ul style=”margin-left: .375in; direction: ltr; unicode-bidi: embed; margin-top: 0in; margin-bottom: 0in;” type=”disc”>
    <li style=”margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; vertical-align: middle;”><span style=”font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>Longmire Station Ressuply?</span>

<li style=”margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; vertical-align: middle;”><span style=”font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>Day 3 – Devils Dream to Maple Creek- 16.2 mi / 26.1 km</span>
    <li style=”margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; vertical-align: middle;”><span style=”font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>Day 4 – Maple Creek to Summerland</span>
    <li style=”margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; vertical-align: middle;”><span style=”font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>Day 5 – Summerland to Mystic Lake- 18.4 mi / 29.6 km</span>
    <ul style=”margin-left: .375in; direction: ltr; unicode-bidi: embed; margin-top: 0in; margin-bottom: 0in;” type=”disc”>
    <li style=”margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; vertical-align: middle;”><span style=”font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>White River Vistor Center/ </span><span style=”font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>Sunrise Visitor Center Ressuply?</span>

<li style=”margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; vertical-align: middle;”><span style=”font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>Day 6 – Mystic Lake to Mowich Lake- 13.5 mi / 21.7 km</span>
    <li style=”margin-top: 0; margin-bottom: 0; vertical-align: middle;”><span style=”font-style: italic; font-family: Calibri; font-size: 11.0pt;”>Trip total distance: 91.3 mi / 146.9 km</span>

Any feedback on this?

Mike P
    BPL Member

@mdp787

Woah, that did not like my formatting. Let’s try again.

-Day 1 – Mowich Lake to North Puyallup- 15.1 mi / 24.3 km
    -Day 2 – North Puyallup to Devils Dream- 13.7 mi / 22.0 km
    -Longmire Station Ressuply?
    -Day 3 – Devils Dream to Maple Creek- 16.2 mi / 26.1 km
    -Day 4 – Maple Creek to Summerland
    -Day 5 – Summerland to Mystic Lake- 18.4 mi / 29.6 km
    -White River Vistor Center/ Sunrise Visitor Center Ressuply?
    -Day 6 – Mystic Lake to Mowich Lake- 13.5 mi / 21.7 km
    Trip total distance: 91.3 mi / 146.9 km

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

I had almost that same itinerary about 10 years ago.

Devils Dream is so-called due to the mosquitos in my experience.

Longmire resupply is fine. We actually stayed in the motel. It sucked. (You can get 6packs of good beer though!)

maple creek to summerland is a long but amazing day.

Remember to look around!  I remember a long brown line. (The trail)

our trip was really hot weather. The day we went from maple creek to summerland was the day it got to 103° in seattle and 103° in portland. We got thunder and waited around at Indian gap. There are worse spots to take a break. Use the indian gap toilet up behind the cabin. Has to be the best toilet view in the world. At least CONUS.

It’ll be a gas

Mike P
    BPL Member

@mdp787

Thanks for the feedback. Was considering replacing Devil’s Dream with Pyramid Creek, would that be beneficial? I don’t know how bad the mosquitos would be in July, but that switch would be pretty comparable for mileage, albeit a little different with regards to gain.

Can you expand on what you meant by a long brown line?

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

“Has to be the best toilet view in the world. At least CONUS.”

Enchantment Lakes has some pretty good view toilets : )

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

All i saw was the trail cause i forgot to look up.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools