Topic

Winter Camping

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping Winter Camping

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Its finally here.. and I am so looking forward spending a few nights out there! Just have to get over the next 2 weeks and hopefully timing will collide with mother nature and myself! Anyone gotten out in yet with snow?

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Dang.. went in Hammock Camping thread.  Maybe its a message? Lol..

Terrence C
    BPL Member

@tinktheman12

Join the dark side…!  =)  Hammock forums is my other favorite online community this year. Everyone, both here and there, has been extremely insightful, helpful, and supportive of our favorite addictions, er, hobbies.

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

I have my hammock set up and have spent many nights in my hammock.. all 4 season for sure..

Marcus
    BPL Member

@mcimes

I haven’t stopped. Just hanging last night at a familiar spot close to town yet very remote. Low was 27. I had my first real experience with prespired condensation on my 20* quilt. More than usual.  As a result, I ordered a couple yards of alpha 90 to throw over as a half assed over quilt. I’m excited to see how well that works alone

Low temp hang for the year so far is 24. Not too bad for SoCal :)

Monte Masterson
    BPL Member

@septimius

Locale: Southern Indiana

I’ve never hammock camped but I always thought it must be great for winter. You’re off the cold ground.

I watch a lot of shugemery’s YT videos. More for the comedy and entertainment really. Still he’s able to make winter hammock camping in Wisconsin look fun.

YouTube video

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools