Topic

Winter camping "Guilty Food Pleasures"

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Winter camping "Guilty Food Pleasures"

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

My Guilty Food Pleasure in winter is sage sausage patties and buckwheat pancakes with jelly.

What’s yours? Hamburgers?

Emmanuel Romo
    BPL Member

@emman714

Locale: Southern California

That sounds delicious Eric. Do you make these from scratch or are they store bought?

Canister stove and frypan?

I can’t say I have a ‘guilty pleasure’ but my favorite to keep me warm on the trail is bulletproof brand hot drinks. A Nice coffee with pastured butter, cacao butter, medium chain triglyceride oil,  collagelatin and cinnamon or their Hot Coco Mix. As far as food, food goes I am fond of the Good 2 Go Thai Curry meals. So much fat, flavor and whole ingredients. Really gets the furnace burning.

I may try making your breakfast and combining them into “pigs in a blanket”.

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Winter camping guilty pleasures?

Real bacon bits in the buttered mashed potatoes.  Lots of them.  If I’ve planned ahead, I simmer the butter down to drawn butter with crushed garlic in it.  Then the drawn garlic butter goes into the bacon-garlic-buttered mashed potatoes.

Hot cocoa with heavy cream.  And brandy.  Duh.

At home?

At 60N, it is a luxury to score fresh fruits and vegetables in Winter.

Robb Watts
    BPL Member

@rwatts

Locale: Western PA

Rib eye steaks from Whole Foods; baked potato in foil; mushrooms, onions and lots of butter. IPA’s. Frank Sinatra playing softly. Dog snoring.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

If I am outside burning a crap load of calories in winter it’s not a guilty pleasure.

I only ever drink hot chocolate and Whiskey when winter camping, never any other time.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Jello instant Vanilla pudding + Nido whole dry milk + Starbucks Via + chocolate chips.

Guaranteed to make your hiking buddies envious.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!