Topic

Winds, Teton Wilderness July 2019

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Winds, Teton Wilderness July 2019

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Evan E.
    BPL Member

@evaneis12gmail-com-2

Locale: western Massachusetts

I am looking for hiking partners in the Winds and Teton Wilderness between July 8-9 and August 8 or 9 .  I am 59 and not used to the elevation out west  so I acclimate as I go. Usually do short trips, 2-4 days, but would be interested in longer trips particularly in the Teton Wilderness. I can’t do big mileage days but aspire to 12-15 mile days as i get in better shape later in the trip.

Barry P
    BPL Member

@barryp

Locale: Eastern Idaho (moved from Midwest)

Hello Evan,

I’m 57 and will be doing a Teton loop Aug 1-3 if your dates can be flexible. Snow still covers the trails July 8th (above 9000′). There’s usually 5 of us in a group.

-Barry

Evan E.
    BPL Member

@evaneis12gmail-com-2

Barry,

Thanks for getting back to me. I am flexible.  What I meant in the original post is that I have the whole month to camp and backpack between July 8 until August 9 or even 10th.   Let’s stay in touch about it. And of course we’ll have to hope we get good fire luck for that area this summer.

Evan

Cary c
    BPL Member

@c240245

• Evan,
    • If your dates are flexible I have a condo in Jackson Hole June 22-29 and I am open to anything the week after up to the 5th of July. I have 1 backcountry permit the 23rd in Grand Tetons. As of now I have no one to join me. I am 54 yr old guy. Let me know if this would work out  for you . Cary
    Evan E.
    BPL Member

@evaneis12gmail-com-2

Cary,

Thanks for the offer.  Unfortunately I can’t get to the Jackson area until later in July. My school year ends in Massachusetts in late June then I spend a week  in Nebraska and a week in Colorado visiting family and friends. I probably won’t start backpacking until after July 7 or 8 and I’ll go to the Winds first.

Evan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools