Topic

Windham High peak and Blackhead mountain range, Catskills NY

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping Windham High peak and Blackhead mountain range, Catskills NY

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

some shots from my solo overnight trip in the Catskills last week. I parked at Barnum rd trail head and ride my bike to Peck rd trail head, then hiked over Windham High peak (3,524 ft), Burnt Knob (3,180 ft), Acra Point (3,100 ft).. Made camp for night near Batavia Kill.. Next morning continued thru Blackhead range..Blackhead mountain (3,940 ft), Black Dome Mountain ( 3,980 ft), Thomas Cole Mountain (3,940 ft), Camels Hump (3,520) and Caudal (3,320 ft).. Out to my car!! Great time, great trip. Slept for 12 hours in my hammock!!!

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

I posted a 12 minute video of my trip on my you tube channel.. Dirtbag hiker… If any interest in watching it. I couldn’t figure out how to link it here though..

David P
    BPL Member

@david-paradis

Nice shots dirtbag! The ‘Skills are looking purty right now!!

to link your video on an IPhone- go to your video page, hit the square with the arrow pointing up on the bottom of screen in the middle, choose “COPY” and then… in your BPL post hit the weird paperclip 📎 looking thing (first icon bottom row) then tap the empty bar and choose “PASTE” then hit the little blue arrow at the right of bar… hope that helps!

here’s a couple shots from my overnight this weekend at Long Pond, at the head of the 100 mile wilderness, near Gulf Hagas

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

Whoa… Nice shots!! That sky!! Beautiful. Thanks for the info.. I use Galaxy 10+ though 🌌🌌

dirtbag
    BPL Member

@dirtbaghiker

YouTube video

That may work..

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools