Topic

Wind River High Route

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Wind River High Route

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brendan Yeager
    BPL Member

@byeager

Locale: New England

IĀ completed Adventure Allen’s Wind River High Route this summer (July 27 – August 1). It was definitely both the most ambitious and the most rewarding trip I have ever taken.

The Winds are a beautiful piece of country.Ā I put together a short video with some of the footage from the trip that I wanted to share. Due to technical difficulties I will post a link to the video in a second comment.

Brendan Yeager
    BPL Member

@byeager

You can check out the video at the link below:

Wind River High Route

whalen e
    Spectator

@whalen

Beautiful indeed. It made me ache already for next season. Thx for sharing Brendan.

Was this a solo trip? If so, were there any difficulties going solo?

The Wind River is definitely on the list and I hope to get out there within the next year or two.

Cheers

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Fantastic. Loved the music too.

Brendan Yeager
    BPL Member

@byeager

I did go solo, which is the norm for me. This was my first time doing any extensive off-trail travel, so a partner could have helped. Fortunately Alan has a very detailed route description on his website.

I made one really dumb navigational error – Ā confusing Nylon for Pronghorn and not realizing the error of my ways until I was surprised by a lake at the pass. Hopefully any partner would have caught that one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools