Topic

Wildlife Presentation

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Wildlife Presentation

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

If you live in the San Francisco Bay Area and are looking for something to do this Saturday April 29th….I am doing my wildlife presentation at 7 pm at Costanoa Lodge, on Highway 1, south of Pescadero. It’s a beautiful drive, a nice place to visit right on the coast and there is a good restaurant at the resort right across from the Ranch House where I will be doing this. The presentation is free of charge .

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Bumping because I am doing another one tomorrow, Saturday May 13th, this time at 8pm.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

How long is the presentation?

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

It’s an hour and a half. Sometimes an hour and 15. I will also do one next Saturday either at 7 or 8, not sure yet.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Take a few selfies and post them here ;)

Be sure to include a 5 min blurb on TICK Bites ;)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

@Dan, I do cover ticks just a bit also because I have lots of close up pictures of animas with ticks on their faces…

Doing this again tomorrow night :)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

FYI I am doing a presentation this Saturday June 3rd and one next Saturday as well.

Tomorrow will be at 8pm in the Redwood/Oak room at Costanoa.

If you are looking for something to do :)

No charge  ( I still get paid ).

Ito Jakuchu
    BPL Member

@jakuchu

Locale: Japan

Would love to see it.

Write an article about it? So that all the poor people not in your area can see what you saw?

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Thanks Ito!

I am not a good writer at all…. When I am there showing and explaining my footage I am so into it that I lose any self consciousness and I get really excited feedback and people suggest I do more with it. Not sure how….

The only social media I do is Instagram and it is just wildlife, under a different name. I post a lot there.

@bergundwald

I may start a blog at some point because what I am learning seems worth sharing.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

One more time before I head  to the Swiss Alps on June 22nd :)

This Saturday at 8 pm at the Ranch House at Costanoa on Hwy 1 south of Pescadero. If you get there early there are some beautiful hikes either up the hill, with Ocean views, or right to the beach and onto the bluffs.

Manfred
    BPL Member

@orienteering

I finally found time on a Saturday evening to attend a Kat’s Wildlife presentation. Wow! What at treat. If you live in the Bay Area, I highly recommend you go. If you have kids, take them. They will enjoy it. Just seeing all the little videos of mountain lions, bobcats, foxes, golden eagles, skunks, deer and more is amazing. Hearing Kat’s comments and her observations makes it superb. Seeing foxes take their young ones one by one out to learn to hunt or seeing the mountain lion mom with her three cubs over several months was just beautiful. One thing that fascinated me was seeing the skunks and foxes and bobcats roll in the spots where the mountain lions peed. Is that behavior somehow protecting them when they afterwards smell like mountain lion?

Thanks Kat for a fantastic presentation. I wonder whether there is a way to share that with a wider audience. Make it into a TV segment?

Manfred — Ban People Less – Be Open. BPL-BO

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Thanks so much Manfred! What a treat to see you there last night and catch up a bit. Thanks for making it. I had a lot of fun. When I get back from Switzerland I will be doung more presentation, hopefully with new footage.

Katharina — Ban People Less–BOpen. BPL-BO

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Well….there now is one way I can share a bit of my pictures with others.

http://www.smingsming.com/product/night-moves

Katharina BPL-BO

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

If you are interested….doing one tomorrow night at 8 pm at the Ranch House at Costanoa :)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

And again this Saturday July 22nd! 8pm at Costanoa

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Saturday August 5th, 8 pm at Costanoa. Free of charge ….

Manfred K. recommended it ;)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

This Saturday August 26th at 8 pm :)

at the Redwood Room in the Lodge at Costanoa…

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

This Saturday the 16th at 8 pm again:)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Thanks Casey ( and PJ) for making it down the coast last night. What a treat!

With Manfred K. and Rex S. the list of BPLers is getting longer :)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I am doing one tonight at 8, one next Saturday and then pretty every other  Saturday. Last week was completely packed :)

The one I did at the GGG was a lot of fun and I was so surprised everyone paid attention. I hurried a bit on that one because I did not know how long the battery would last. I also did not want to keep people from hanging out and visiting.

The one I do at Costanoa is on a bigger screen and the images and videos are better. I also have a better sound system.

If anyone wants to come in the future maybe check the events calendar on their website to make sure. Their policy is that this is for overnight guests but my friends and acquaintances are welcome to just show up for that. The room changes but the time is mostly 8 pm. Could make it a little drive on this beautiful piece of the coast.

I am having a wonderful time doing this and seeing familiar faces is a bonus.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

http://www.costanoa.com/activities.html#calendar

2001 Rossi Road at Hwy 1
    Pescadero, CA 94060

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Thanks Jerry. The one tonight and the one last week were not on the list. If it’s a busy weekend they give me extra dates :):)

oh I add new footage all the time .

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

you must get a good reception : )

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

This coming Saturday at 8 pm :)

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Guess what….they added a few dates for me. So this Saturday and next Saturday again:)

Let me know if you might come…

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 26 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools