Topic

Wicked good… honest!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Wicked good… honest!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Rick Reno
    BPL Member

@scubahhh

Locale: White Mountains, mostly.

This weekend my wife and I tried a Backpacker’s Pantry creme brulee dessert, just to see if ot was any good. It was way better than “any good.” Not quite restaurant quality but pretty damn close!

You just take out the magic “brulee packet;” add a little water; mush it around; and wait ten minutes. Then sprinkle the magic pixie dust on top and voila!

Not only that but it’s nutritious too! They call it a two-serving pack (about $6), but a big horse like me could easily knock off the whole pack, especially if it were in lieu of lunch or a mountaintop reward.

For the whole pack: 4 1/2 oz., 620 cal. 30 g. fat (20 g. saturated; 0 trans). 12 g. protein. If it weren’t for the 90 g. of carbs it’d be downright healthy… but hey, when hiker hunger kicks in, who cares?!?

Check it out: https://backpackerspantry.com/products/creme-brulee

Michael B
    BPL Member

@mikebergy

Will need to try it, thanks! I am usually making my own hiker trash-style meals, but I should probably throw in a “treat-yo-self!” something or other now and then.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools