Topic

Who’s making Alpha Direct pants apart from Vado?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Who’s making Alpha Direct pants apart from Vado?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Nolan M
    BPL Member

@nmoblo

It seems like most of the manufacturers who sell Alpha Direct Pants are either out of stock or no longer producing them.

I don’t feel like there’s enough information from Vado about their product as well to know if they’d actually fit me.

Does anyone know others who are making Alpha pants?

I’m half tempted to get a couple yards of Alpha 60 or 90gsm myself and try to make some on my own despite my beginner level sewing skills.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Timmermade.  While the page says “out of stock” I think that is simply because everything is custom made to order.  I have one of his 4004 Hoodies (90g) and it is very well made.  Recommended.

Tim H
    BPL Member

@baldknobber2

FarPointe sells Alpha pants, both on their website and GGG. It seems the production is keeping pace with demand, as they are seemingly readily available.

BTW I own a pair or their 60gsm pants. They only weigh 2.9oz, and are pretty warm for the weight.

Adrian Griffin
    BPL Member

@desolationman

Locale: Sacramento

Senchi has leggings in A90 and A60, but they’re currently out of stock. Intermittent availability seems to be the way with Alpha garments.

Terran Terran
    BPL Member

@terran

I have Vado top and bottoms. They’re pretty true to size. The bottoms ride a bit low. I’d like a tiny bit more inseam. A little more length on the top maybe. It tends to ride up my belly when I stretch. The elastic bottom keeps it there and I sometimes have to pull it down. It’s a nice zipper, it may be more comfortable without it. Nit picking. Not a deal breaker. That would all add weight. I’ll say they’re streamlined. They’re very comfortable. Great quality. A few nice features. I really like them. I think they’re worth the extra price, though I haven’t seen the others.
    I’m 6’ around 195* average build. I have a size large for both pieces.

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

I ordered a pair of 60gsm Alpha Direct pants (“leggings”) from Senchi when they appeared on their website.  They do the job mostly for sleeping.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools