Topic

Which Floor Material for Locus Gear Hapi Inner

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Which Floor Material for Locus Gear Hapi Inner

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

I’m looking at buying a Locus Gear Hapi (Grande) with a matching grande inner.  The grande isn’t on the web site, but is a little bigger.  I’m tall and am tired of brushing against walls.

The floor of the inner comes in 3 different materials.  Here are the specs for the non-grande.  I’m trying to decide between the 15D Ripstop and 30D Sil.  Would ripstop be less slippery?  That would be a big selling point for me, plus it’s lighter.

15D Ripstop HyBrid Floor Black w/seam-taped : 400g(incl.stuff Sack)¥28,800.

<b>30D Sil Nylon Floor: 470g</b>(incl.stuff Sack)<b>¥26,800.</b>
    Bathtub Floor Color choice in Sil Nylon: Aspen Gold , Alpine Green, Bronze Mist

https://locusgear.com/items/hapi-mesh/?lang=en

Nick Pilkington
    BPL Member

@pilkinnc

I got this same setup earlier this year (grande as well) and went with the 15D. I can’t tell you how it compares to the other floor options but I’ve been pleased. I haven’t had any issues with my pad sliding on the floor but I’ve also found mostly level campsites.

Brad P
    Spectator

@brawndo

Thank you, Nick.  I had a tent with a sil floor briefly, and even after putting some sealant stripes on the floor, my pad would slide around.

I think I’m going to pull the trigger on a grande sil Hapi with the 15D ripstop floor.  I usually have a groundsheet, anyway, that would help protect the floor.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools