Topic

which duomid innernet?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) which duomid innernet?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Scott M
    BPL Member

@bluetick-2

Hey everyone,

Finally decided to give the mld duomid a shot. I’ve ordered a gray silnylon with the fancy guy lines. I ordered the solomid xl inner, but am wondering if I might be better off with the duo. My plan is to use it mostly solo and it might be nice to have some more room.  Curious if any one has the solomid xl with the duomid and wishes they had gone a different direction. Open to suggestions.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

I’ve got a Duomid with a Solomid XL inner although I haven’t slept in it yet so that’s not particularly useful. I got the inner thinking of it as a generous 1P tent for me and my dog.

I actually first got the Duomid as weather protection for two people in bivies but so far we’ve had good weather the Duomid has stayed in the pack…

The Duomid inner does not appeal to me for 1P (too big/heavy) and rain would hit it when opening the door. Also, my hiking partner and I both like bivies for our shared trips.

Scott M
    BPL Member

@bluetick-2

Man and hound was part of the reason I was thinking about the duo.  But honestly, hound, an older gentleman, probably just has car camping in his future. The bivy is interesting but a like katabatic bristle cone is nearly the same weight as the Solo xl.  What are you using?

J-L
    BPL Member

@johnnyh88

The Solomid XL inner tent works well with the Duomid. There is a large air gap all around the inner tent, so no worry about touching the wall of the Duomid. It’s long enough I can put my pack and shoes at the head end. When using the inner tent by itself on clear nights, I sometimes get condensation on my sleeping bag, but I don’t think that’s any fault of the inner tent.

I also have the duo inner tent and have used it with my dog. The duo inner tent is quite a bit shorter in height than the Solomid XL inner tent, so I don’t find it that great for hanging out in, but it is fine for sleeping.

My main issue with the Duomid plus half inner is the large footprint. I don’t normally need that much vestibule space.

Opogobalus
    Spectator

@opagobalus

What did you decide in the end? I’m curious about how livable a duomid with 2people is so would be good to get your impressions if you went the 2p inner!

Scott M
    BPL Member

@bluetick-2

Haven’t changed my mind yet,  BUT a 2/3 locus gear inner seems about perfect…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools