Topic

Where the Dark-eyed Junco Dwells.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Where the Dark-eyed Junco Dwells.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

An overnight.

Gearheads and engineers be warned, there is absolutely no mention of weights, miles, gear, or calories.  Just thoughts on my evolving relationship with the outdoors.

Sweeping the Garden: Where the Dark-eyed Junco Dwells.

David Noll
    BPL Member

@dpnoll

Locale: Maroon Bells

Nice.

Ike Jutkowitz
    BPL Member

@ike

Locale: Central Michigan

Craig,

Every time I’m on BPL, it’s your trip reports I look for first. This one hit particularly close to home. I’m glad you were able to come to terms with exactly who you are, and to find a partner who loves you for that and not for who she would have you be.

Ike

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

Thanks folks!

I read yours this morning Ike…It’s very good to see people so happy together, I wish you guys the best.

Jerry Adams
    BPL Member

@retiredjerry

Locale: Oregon and Washington

nice story, nice pictures, reminds me of when I used to go hiking up there all the time.  Amazing such a nice, wild area can be so close to L.A.

https://www.thomhartmann.com/blog/2007/11/edison-gene

I used to listen to Thom, before that station converted to sports.

He says that some of those psychological conditions like ADHD are actually beneficial.  Many people, like Edison, had conditions that allowed him to be very productive.  Taking drugs to suppress would have possibly prevented him from doing what he did.  And a lot of other great works of people over time.  Maybe we need to reconsider how to “treat” these “diseases”.  Difficult to figure out though.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I really, really enjoyed reading this Craig. We think along similar lines.

Erica R
    BPL Member

@erica_rcharter-net

Thank You. I love the sound of truth.

Tom K
    BPL Member

@tom-kirchneraol-com-2

“I love the sound of truth.”

The sweetest bird song of all.

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Nice write up. It definitely has the feeling you get on a solo trip.

Dave Heiss
    BPL Member

@daveheiss

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Like you, I love solo hiking and backpacking. Even better if it’s far away from busy trails. I know of no other activity so conducive to deep thought and reflection than walking in lonely wilderness. You’ve described those feelings beautifully in this story – thanks.

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

That’s a lovely write-up. And really nice pictures.

I don’t think I have a mood disorder but I think going out alone is the best medicine for. I get tired of people being astonished by the idea of a woman going out alone. Everyone should go out alone now and then.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools