Topic

Where can I buy 150D Hybrid Cuben?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Where can I buy 150D Hybrid Cuben?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Hoosier T
    BPL Member

@jturner140

Locale: Midwest

I can’t find this stuff anywhere for sale. I found the 50D stuff at Zpacks but that’s all I can find.

Nathan Meyerson
    BPL Member

@nathanmeyerson

Locale: Southwest

Whats your project? I’d suggest using Xpac X21 instead, its lighter, it’ll last longer and is 1/3 the price.

Nathan Meyerson
    BPL Member

@nathanmeyerson

p.s. Tried to respond to your email query, but the email addy you entered returned as non existent.

Hoosier T
    BPL Member

@jturner140

Thanks, Nathan. I think google keychain put in my work address. Anyways, it’s for a pack. I love my ZB Quickstep and the hybrid cuben has been really good to me. I’m definitely using 50D hybrid for the body but was going to use 150D for the bottom and back panel. But…I was considering X21 RC since it can be taped as I definitely want taped seams (after sewing of course). Is that the variant you recommend?

Nathan Meyerson
    BPL Member

@nathanmeyerson

Yep.

I’ve done lots of packs with a 50d Cuben and x21 combo. Works great. Usually use x21 for backpanel and bathtub bottom, and Cuben for front and side panels

Hoosier T
    BPL Member

@jturner140

Thanks for the advice! Definitely valuable coming from someone with so much experience using these fabrics. You don’t keep any 50D hybrid on hand do you? Can’t seem to find the orange anymore. I know you have the X-pac and will likely come to you for that anyways.

Hoosier T
    BPL Member

@jturner140

BTW, do do you have any good photos of the various colors of X 21RC?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools