Topic

When a BRS-3000T isn’t.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals When a BRS-3000T isn’t.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

I was just on eBay for something else entirely and saw these images next to each so I screen-captured them as a PSA:

If you want a 0.9 ounce canister stove that is short enough to work really well with a Moulder Strip™, but isn’t the best with large heavy pots, go for the one on the right.  If it looks at all different or the price is much lower, just skip it.

Do NOT get the one of the left, even at $5.  It’s 3 times the weight, conducts a LOT of heat down the valve stem – enough so that the valve geometry changes after 2 minutes and the gas stops flowing.  I wrote up more details on that last year but am stuck at home and thought I’d repeat myself.

Brad Rogers
    BPL Member

@mocs123

Locale: Southeast Tennessee

A “Fake” BRS3000T !

David Thomas
    BPL Member

@davidinkenai

Locale: North Woods. Far North.

Brad: I knew a hand-craft street merchant in Berkeley – she and her father did real handcrafted silver and gold settings with semi-precious stones they polished themselves.  But in an era in which Macy’s and mall jewelers were selling cubic zirconium rings for $79 and $89, they couldn’t pass up putting CZ stones they got for $125/1000 in a $2 setting and selling those $3 of materials for $24.95.  And she’d always laugh inside when some sorority girl asked if it was “real” cubic zirconium.

Yes, it was real fake diamond.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools