Topic

What size (weight load) of zip ties for homemade crampon anti-bots?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear What size (weight load) of zip ties for homemade crampon anti-bots?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    David Moreno
    BPL Member

@nerrek2000

Locale: New England

I just purchased a pair of Stubai Ultralight (aluminum) Universal Crampons. They didn’t come with anti-balling plates. I’m purchasing a sheet of 1/32″ of HDPE, and an other that’s 1/16″ thick. They’ll be used for the plates. Does anyone have any suggestions for the size of zip ties that would be the best based on weight and durability? I’d carry a few extra zip ties for any failures. I’m asking because I have a habit of overkill for durability, and they’re cheaply replaced.

Thanks in advance.

R
    Spectator

@autox

If you go for overkill, leave some fat tabs around the edges of the plates, fold them over the crampon frame and then use pop-rivets to close them.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools