Topic

What inner nets work with the MLD Solomid

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion What inner nets work with the MLD Solomid

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Doug Wolfe
    BPL Member

@wolfie2nd

I’m sure this has probably been discussed before but I’m gonna ask anyway. I bought a solomid and now I’m kinda kicking myself for not getting the inner as well. Has anyone had any luck using a different brand inner net with the solomid? Figured I’d ask before ordering and having to wait the 6-8 weeks. Thanks in advance

Doug

W I S N E R !
    Spectator

@xnomanx

The Sea to Summit Nano Pyramid Net works well enough for a minimalist option.  The peak is offset vs the Solomid but I don’t find it too much of an issue.

I sewed an inner based on MLD’s specs and rotate between it, the Sea to Summit, and nothing at all depending upon the trip.

For whatever it’s worth, the Sea to Summit initially appears to be a great, light, minimalist option (3oz.).  But when combined with the weight of a groundsheet (2-4 oz.) you’re not saving all that much over the full, bathtub floored inner (my DIY weighs 9oz.).

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

Not super helpful but the SMD inner worked fun in my Duomid. I assume it would work in a Solomid as well.

Chad
    BPL Member

@ozzitoolmetallicrue

Locale: NEGA

Smd Serenity Net Tent would work.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools