Topic

Western Mountaineering GWS long trips

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Western Mountaineering GWS long trips

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zack L
    BPL Member

@zloomis

Wondering about GWS on WM sleeping bags. Does condensation end up on the outside of the bag and preserve the down for mutliday trips or does the GWS cause the condensation to stay within the bag and make the situation worse for multiday trips? Intuitively I would assume it would tend to stay in the bag and begin compromising the down

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

GWS

Gore Windstopper

WM

Western Mountaineering

Eric Blanche
    BPL Member

@eblanche

Locale: Northeast US

I had to lol at Greg’s post…I myself had no problem understanding but I get it.

Anyways, windstopper is good at preventing the outside elements from entering. In turn, it suffers a bit permitting the inside elements (body moisture build up) to escape compared to very breathable and non weather resistant. I would think the same as yourself. What does WM say about the topic when comparing their three different fabrics?

Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

WM+GWS=VBL for trips longer than 3 nites

Maybe it depends on how much sun you get combined with time to air the bags, but if Western Mountaineering didn’t think you needed a Vapour Barrier Liner bag they probably wouldn’t make and sell one

John P
    Spectator

@john-penca-2

It’s condition dependent.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools