Topic

West Coast Trail Question

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion West Coast Trail Question

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Ron D
    BPL Member

@dillonr

Locale: Colorado

I have a permit to hike the West Coast Trail on Vancouver Island starting 8 September.  I’m planning on 4-5 days for the trip, I have a decent amount of backpacking experience including the JMT and CT but I’ve never been out on the NW beaches.  My question is on what sleeping bag to use, I have a 20d down quilt (Katabatic) and a 40d synthetic quilt (MLD) and will be in a TT Moment tent.  Weight is about the same for both quilts so that isn’t a factor.  Any advise would be appreciated.

Thanks…Ron

Dan Magdoff
    BPL Member

@highsierraguy

Locale: Northern California

Id go with the synthetic quilt.  I hiked that trail maybe 15 years ago, so its a distant memory, but I remember lots of moisture.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools