Topic

Waymark Gear Lite 50L Backpack Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Waymark Gear Lite 50L Backpack Review

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Ben Kilbourne
    BPL Member

@benkilbourne

Locale: Utah

Companion forum thread to: Waymark Gear Lite 50L Backpack Review

The Waymark Gear Lite 50L backpack features a unique shoulder-strap attachment system and several fit-related features that might appeal to larger users.

William Irey
    BPL Member

@bjirey

Locale: Western Washington

I followed a PCT thru hikers vlog last year who used this Waymark pack the complete hike who absolutely loved it. In norther Ca. He even switched to their smaller pack without a hip belt through Or. , then back to the 50L in Wa.

Thanks for the review and article.

The EL
    BPL Member

@the_el

Maybe Im late to the party here or missed the note about it but what in the world are you carrying in that large pipe? Water? Make shift bear can? I am intrigued.

Chris FormyDuval
    BPL Member

@chform

Locale: RTP

My guess given the nature of the background is that is a groover although it may also go by other names. I’ll leave the details to the reader http://www.campingbykayak.com/grand-canyon-groover/

Ben Kilbourne
    BPL Member

@benkilbourne

Locale: Utah

It’s a poop tube I made like a decade ago. I’ve since switched to using large protein powder containers for rivers where hard-sided canisters are required. But I had thrown them all away by the time this trip happened so I had to take the old heavy one

SIMULACRA
    BPL Member

@simulacra

Locale: Puget Sound

Uhh…poop tube? -please elaborate.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Poop tubes are just containers used for when you must pack out your poop in multi-night climbing, river or canyon trips. Short trips might just use one or more wag bags.

Art Rhizhiy Hiker
    BPL Member

@verysimple

Waymark released a 60 Liter version of this back called EMBR… made some improvements to the pad and weight. Also comes with Ultra Mesh on the front pocket.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools