Topic

Volpi Fastpack 30 – The New Frameless King?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Volpi Fastpack 30 – The New Frameless King?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Mike
    BPL Member

@skinnypete

I own a Nashville Cutaway, and Palante V2 but both of those haven’t hit all the marks I’m looking for in a pack. If I go frameless I want the pack to hug me close and be stable. This new designer Volpi has released this pack that has everything I think I could want minus a bottom pocket. The vest attaches at two points on the pack giving a more even spread of the load and has multiple pockets on the shoulder straps. I ordered it from garage grown gear and can’t wait for it to get here. Worth checking out so think.

(oh and it has load lifters) 😍

https://www.volpioutdoorgear.com/product-page/fastpack-30

Volpi

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

That looks great. I like the attachment of the lower part of the vest. I had a Little River Pack that had a similar arrangement and I know Ryan has/had a prototype Atom Packs pack with a vest and two side straps. I liked how my LRP really locked onto my whole ribcage.

Murali C
    BPL Member

@mchinnak

I was eyeing it..just felt the size will be small for backpacking trips….though I really like the Alien Outdoor Novum also on Garagegrowngear. The straps are super wide – 5 inches and has everything….vest style straps with pockets, bottom pocket, waterproof fabric etc. Carries great.

Mike
    BPL Member

@skinnypete

Il have to check out that Alien pack. Didn’t know something like that existed.

Also, in a video I think the maker said the Volpi can extend to 40L or something.

Eric Blanche
    BPL Member

@eblanche

Locale: Northeast US

That Volpi pack shows two different designs (slightly) based on the photos. Make sure you know what you are getting…

Mike
    BPL Member

@skinnypete

What you’re perceiving as two different packs is the same pack. He rates it at 35L, but it can compress to 25, and extend up to 40. He makes it in Ultra 100, 200, and used to make it in XPac.

Murali C
    BPL Member

@mchinnak

what are the dimensions for the Volpi? L x W x H etc, Torso length….any ideas?

Mike
    BPL Member

@skinnypete

I’ll email him, if he doesn’t get back before the pack comes I’ll measure it myself.

Eric Blanche
    BPL Member

@eblanche

Locale: Northeast US

Mike, I’m speaking more along the lines of different shoulder strap construction and different locations of side compression between the gray ultra and white non-ultra packs in the photos. In relation to the front panel mesh it appears to me that changes have been made. As the only materials listed for purchase are ‘ultra,’ I’d assume you can disregard the differences in the white pack…

Please, correct me if I’m mistaken.

Mike
    BPL Member

@skinnypete

Eric, this is the current version of the pack. I guess the website must have some old pics. He did have an earlier version with less padded should straps and he beefed them up. I talked to him today, and he’s going to add two additional pockets above the pockets already on, and add a bottom pocket for me. He said he really liked the idea, and if it works out will consider making it the standard.

YouTube video

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools