Topic

Vislon or coil or Uretek zipper; sewing zipper on curve; #2 coil zipper source?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Vislon or coil or Uretek zipper; sewing zipper on curve; #2 coil zipper source?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Moab Randy
    BPL Member

@moab-randy

For the door to my new tent build, I’ve read that Vislon zippers are less likely to ice up than coils, but my greater concern is durability over time in a very sandy environment. Is Vislon still the best choice? Any experience/opinion with this?

This will be an exposed zipper and I’ve been planning to use a storm flap. I’m inclined to go with a regular Vislon or coil and not a Uretek water-resistant because the ones I’ve seen seem very hard to open (need two hands–no casual open/close there) and I’m thinking the vinyl “seals” will not hold up in a sandy environment. Anybody think I’m mistaken in this?

Do you have any special guidelines or precautions about sewing #3 or #2 coil zippers into curves on netting, e.g., minimum radius etc.?

Anybody know a source for #2 YKK coil zippers?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!