Topic

Vegan Winter mitts for -4F combining dexterity and protection

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Vegan Winter mitts for -4F combining dexterity and protection

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Locale: Himalayas

After over 4 years of product development, we launched the Yeti Mitts – these cold weather hand wear combine dexterity and cold weather protection in 2 layer package. You can learn more here and order here: https://blueboltgear.com/product/yeti-mitts/

MRP 125 USD with free shipping.

10% off code for BPL member valid till 15th Feb 2023: BPL10OFF

Benefits

Uses USA 5oz climashield Apex to keep your hands down to -20c.
    Built in Hand warmer pocket for extra warmth boost on summit night.
    Front zippers and fold back thumbs give you instant access to your fingers for any task requiring dexterity.
    Silicone leather palms give grip and durability for rappeling and outdoor tasks.
    Modular design keep you comfortable in changing weather conditions
    Seam sealed waterproof overmitts means can rely on the mitts to stay dry.
    3D Curved Box construction for comfort
    Comes with hand leash so you never lose your mitts in wind.
    No animal products. 100% vegan.

Feel free to ask me questions or share your thoughts in comments or by email at [email protected].

2 layer Yeti Mitts

Chris K
    BPL Member

@cmkannen-2-2

These look great, Huzefa!

DWR D
    BPL Member

@dwr-2

I think a video of these mitts in action would be helpful for people wondering how  they might work for them.

Nick Gatel
    BPL Member

@ngatel

Locale: Southern California

Vegan —

Can we eat them if a bear steals our food or we get lost?

;-)

SIMULACRA
    BPL Member

@simulacra

Locale: Puget Sound

It means they’re not made of meat byproducts. IE: fully synthetic, no leather  -marketing

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Here is a video of these mitts in action: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6wdxq77Ddo

Russ W
    BPL Member

@gatome83

Locale: Southeastern US

These sound great Huzefa. Just experienced the frozen finger thing once again on a trip last week and I’m looking for a solution. I’m willing to give these a try provided you can get the “free shipping” thing worked out your website. It’s trying to charge me $30.

Stephen Seeber
    BPL Member

@crashedagain

The shipping goes from free to paid if you uncheck the delivery address box, which starts as checked.  After unchecking, the shipping price choices show up.  The prices don’t revert back to free shipping if the box is rechecked.  Also, the video says the inner mitten is coated to provide vapor barrier performance.  You might mention this in the feature description.  That is a major feature, IMHO.

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Thanks for pointing out the free shipping issue.  I have fixed it.

Stephen, I will add the vapor barrier performance in description. Thanks for watching the video and your feedback.

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Thank you Stephen, Russ and Chris for your orders! Excited for you try it and look forward to your feedback.

Huzefa @ Blue Bolt Gear
    Spectator

@huzefa

Thank you so much everyone who ordered Yeti Mitts. If you got a chance to use them, I would like to get your feedback and review.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools