Topic

Vargo ExoTi BOG Backpack Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Vargo ExoTi BOG Backpack Review

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Daniel Hu
    Spectator

@daniel-hu

Companion forum thread to: Vargo ExoTi BOG Backpack Review

The Vargo ExoTi BOG backpack (2 pounds 9 ounces / 1.16 kg, MSRP $299.95) is a roll-top, external, titanium framed backpack with a removable 40-liter 70 denier primary compartment.

Mark Wetherington
    BPL Member

@markweth

Locale: Western Montana

Thanks for a thorough review! Good mix of details and research into other’s experience and the intentions behind the pack.  Enjoyed the interview with Brian as well.

Murali C
    BPL Member

@mchinnak

I had this backpack – but sold it. I felt that the lumbar pad was too pronounced for my comfort. If it had been a little less pronounced, it would have been better. Also the fabric feels delicate. Using 200 denier gridstop fabric would have been much better. A great design as you can change the main bag with different size dry bags from Sea to Summit or remove the bag completely for peak bagging. But, felt that the fabric would give up and I think there are some reports of that. But the main problem was the aggressive lumbar support – if the bag slips, then you will feel it.

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Interesting article, but I was disappointed that there was almost no information about the Ti frame itself. A direct photo of the back of the pack would have told me so much.

Disclosure: I have made and used similar packs using Easton aluminium arrows, going as far back as 2005. Straight verticals and curved horizontals. But I had a sprung mesh across the frame, which changed the whole suspension and comfort (for the better).

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools