Topic

Vapor trail from REI

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Vapor trail from REI

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert I
    BPL Member

@bob-i

REI has a granite gear vapor trail on sale for $90. Wondering what the group thinks of this pack. I have a granite gear blaze 60 right now. It works well for me, but the vapor trail is almost a pound lighter.  Thanks

Dave Heiss
    BPL Member

@daveheiss

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I ordered one. It’s supposed to arrive on Wednesday. Not sure yet if I’ll keep it but for $90 (and REI’s easy return policy) it made sense to get one and check it out.

Granite Gear Vapor Trail 60 Limited Edition Backpack Review – Section Hikers Backpacking Blog

This website had a review of the Vapor Trail 60 Limited Edition. Some good comments, some so-so. I had a Granite Gear Pinnacle backpack (a Vapor Trail predecessor) back before I bought the MLD Ark that I’m using now and as I recall it was a fine backpack. But I really wanted water bottle pockets and the Pinnacle had none….

Dondo .
    BPL Member

@dondo

Locale: Colorado Rockies

I carried the original Vapor Trail for about 10 years and really liked it.  At the current price, I’d say it’s a steal.

Of course, with packs as with shoes, fit is everything.  But if it doesn’t work for you, it’s easy to just return it.

Dena Kelley
    BPL Member

@eagleriverdee

Locale: Eagle River, Alaska

I own one of the original Granite Gear Vapor Trail packs and it’s my favorite pack. If the new ones are built to the same spec, that’s a good price (I think I paid more for my pack and I bought it used) and a good pack.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools