Topic

V3 of My Roll top Zipper Day pack Complete

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear V3 of My Roll top Zipper Day pack Complete

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Mike J
    BPL Member

@mikejones3-2

Locale: SoCal

I shared my V2 about a month ago here. I made some slight changes and tried out some Cuben fiber 2.92 for this one.

My first major change other than the main material on this pack was where the side straps tie down to. On my V2 pack, I tied them to the side compression strap anchors but this didn’t allow me to get the rolltop as tight as I would have liked it.

I just stitched in a loop into the bottom of the side pockets and now the rolltop compresses nice and tight:

The second change was for the back zipper for easy access I didn’t really have a hold point for my had when zipping and unzipping it so I put a pull tab on the bottom of the pack:

I have not weighed this one yet, still doing some minor seam sealing, and may put another strap on it for larger items in the side pockets.

More pictures and other info can be found here on my blog.

Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

It looks really nice. You have good skills. I like the red and gray together, too.

Mike J
    BPL Member

@mikejones3-2

Locale: SoCal

Thanks! I appreciate the kind words!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools