Topic

Using a New Sport to Refine Your Ultralight Philosophy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Using a New Sport to Refine Your Ultralight Philosophy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Marshall

@andrewsmarshall

Locale: Tahoe basin by way of the southern Appalachians

Companion forum thread to: Using a New Sport to Refine Your Ultralight Philosophy

Single-speed all the way, baby.

matthew k

@matthewkphx

Yay @ steel frames and rigid forks!

Wow @ single speeding up 1k climbs and singletrack!(Although it does look like you are geared quite low).

That looks like fun and I think it’s an interesting point to consider this as new perspective on how to choose and pack backpacking gear.

Andrew Marshall

@andrewsmarshall

Thanks Matthew! Yeah it’s a 24 tooth cog in the back with a 32 tooth chainring in front.

Hanz B
    BPL Member

@tundra-thrasher-ouch-man-2

+1 . Just want to say you can even start with a good aluminum frame bike and crushed gravel trails – all though not as scenic. I’ve done a few trips. The guys at my bike shop were really impressed with how the UL backpacking mentality spills over. Gear wise , it was a really fun puzzle. Two things I learned randomly was that my extra long zpacks ca 2018 rain coat was a boon in down pours coving thighs and seat. I also learned that panniers can be really light and pack more efficiently then frame bags – a counter culture opinion I’m sure. 

Andrew Marshall

@andrewsmarshall

Cool stuff, Hanz!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!