Topic

Upping My Shrimp Game

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition Upping My Shrimp Game

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bonzo
    BPL Member

@bon-zo

Locale: Virgo Supercluster

I’m looking to improve my shrimp ramen recipe by improving the shrimp quality.

The best taste/flavor I’ve been able to produce thus far has been created by the tiny dehydrated or freeze-dried shrimp that you can find in the soup ingredients section of the local international market/Asian grocery store…but in addition to being unreliably sourced at best, I can’t use them anymore because almost all of them have preservatives or additives on/in them that my partner has to avoid (severe allergy).  Also, they make a decent broth, but they don’t bring much to the meaty-bites-of-goodness part of proper ramen.

So, I’m thinking that I’ll just dehydrate some shrimp stock and turn it into a soup base, and then attempt to dehydrate some larger chunks of shrimp, which will hopefully rehydrate passably well.  Any thoughts on this?  Would a commercial freeze-dried shrimp work any better for that portion of the meal?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!