Topic

Unresting Event

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Unresting Event

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ben Kilbourne
    BPL Member

@benkilbourne

Locale: Utah

Companion forum thread to: Unresting Event

See how backpacking and forest ranger work in the High Uinta Wilderness and Grand Staircase-Escalante National Monument influenced Ben Kilbourne’s CD, Unresting Event.

Thomas G
    BPL Member

@tomgattiker

That’s a pretty fancy axe to be dragging around the backcountry.

Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Locale: Lyon/Taipei

the raven — that everywhere bird from cities to deserts to tundras — came to tell me that I was still me and always would be no matter where I might go. I was just like him. He told me that this big truth applies to everything that exists. You’ll never be anything other than what you are.

Even though my experience is totally different (the big truths of existence recounted to me by the great outdoors is that everything is impermanent and there is no self, “me” is just an illusion), I really enjoyed removing my personal filters to soak up the vibe and listen to the snippets of tunes, esp. Nighthawks at Dusk.

$@#$ man, I remember carrying a Gregory Denali (100L?) up over 10,000 feet loaded with all kinds of “useless” creative things, like paints and lights.

More (creative) power to ya!

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Dana Designs Astralplane?? That’s nearly an antique. I sold my 7 1/2 pound Dana Designs Terraplane 3 years ago B/C it was just too d@mn heavy.

Anyway, great article. Keep it up – please.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools