Topic

Underground Legend Finishes Hiking’s Triple Crown—For His Fourth Time

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique Underground Legend Finishes Hiking’s Triple Crown—For His Fourth Time

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Diane “Piper” Soini
    BPL Member

@sbhikes

Locale: Santa Barbara

https://www.adventure-journal.com/2020/01/underground-legend-finishes-hikings-triple-crown-for-his-fourth-time

I love this quote:

“I just keep lowering my standard of living, and I’m still happy.”

Rex Sanders
    BPL Member

@rex

Bill “One Gallon” Nedderman is a humble but extremely accomplished outdoors person. 160,000 miles over 40 years on foot, bike, and paddling is just stunning. I’m almost jealous, but glad I’ve done other things with my life, too.

And I love how he got his trail name.

Thanks for posting.

— Rex

HkNewman
    BPL Member

@hknewman

Locale: The West is (still) the Best

What advice do you give [younger hikers]?
    A fair number of them want to know the logistics behind how I afford it. We’ve already covered that. I also notice I’ll give them that advice and they’ll pay no attention to it whatsoever. They say, ‘How do you afford to do this?’ and I tell them, ‘Stay out of town!’ And the next thing you know they’re spending 50 bucks on pizza and beer.

Sounds about right, but that’s why more towns are trying to get into the thru-hiking game.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools