Topic

Unable to access entire box when adding a link to text

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Administration & Support Website Bug Reports Unable to access entire box when adding a link to text

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

I’ve never understood why there’s a search box when you use the ‘link’ button to add a link to text in a post. Doesn’t make sense to me. But I was always able to ignore it and check the ‘open new window’ (or whatever it said) when choosing options. But now that useless (to me anyway) search box obscures what I assume is the open new window box (assume, because I can’t see the darned thing) since the search box encroaches on it.

Of course, imnvho, opening a new window when clicking a link should be the default (as has been said by others over a long period of time). But if you’re not going to make it the default, please at least make it so I can access that box to make that choice in the text editing window.

Also, as I went to add the below screen shot, I was in ‘text’ instead of ‘visual’. In text mode, when you click on ‘img’ you only get a dialog box asking for the image url, you are not given an opportunity to select an image from your hard drive. I had to switch to ‘visual’ in order to get the dialog box to choose a photo from my hard drive, fwiw.

JCH
    BPL Member

@pastyj-2-2

Not that this solves the problem…but by accident I discovered a shortcut to adding a link to text in your post. If you have the url on the clipboard you can simply highlight the text you want to become the link and paste. Avoid the link button altogether :)

Philip Tschersich
    BPL Member

@philip-ak

Locale: Kodiak Alaska

I struggled with this today too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools