Topic

Ulitralight…longer gloves

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Ulitralight…longer gloves

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Adam Salinger
    BPL Member

@asalinger

Hi All…

Looking for ideas for a very lightweight glove I can wear for sleeping that will come up over the cuff of my base layer merino wool L/S that I wear to sleep.  I sleep in a quilt and like to sleep with my hands and arms out.  On colder nights the L/S keeps my arms warm but I’m looking for the right glove that will not only keep my hands toasty but not leave a cold gap between the glove and the cuff.  Looking at not needing the glove to protect beyond about 30 degrees.  Ideas??

Michael F
    BPL Member

@gearu

wristbands?

Edward John M
    BPL Member

@moondog55

Thumb holes in the sleeves work as well and easier to find than decently long wristed gloves

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Minus33 Merino Wool Glove Liner

edit to add review:
    I like that the glove is a bit longer so it …
    These are very warm, I like that the glove is a bit longer so it comes higher up your wrist.
    Published 3 months ago by Penny
    5.0 out of 5 stars Just right.

Matt Dirksen
    BPL Member

@namelessway

Locale: Mid Atlantic

+1 to holes for your thumbs.

This is on my cap4 hoody, and keeps my sleeves under my glove liners at all times. It’s basically no more than a piece of shoestring sewed into the sleeve. Perhaps it might be worth a small diy project on your base layer?

Hope this helps.

Jeffs Eleven
    BPL Member

@woodenwizard

Locale: NePo

Outdoor research metamorph

Adam Salinger
    BPL Member

@asalinger

Thanks so much…love the DYI loop idea!

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

Thumb loops is a good idea. To build on Michael F’s suggestion, you could DIY wristbands from old socks you have worn thin on the sole, cut off the leg portion to make a nice short “tube” that should cover the gap.

William Kerber
    BPL Member

@wkerber

Locale: South East US

Easy way to make a loop is to pull the white inner strands from a length of para cord, singe the ends shut and stitch it on the cuff.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Adam, what did you decide on? Gloveless?

Adam Salinger
    BPL Member

@asalinger

Actually…had a friend cut and reinforce thumb holes in the cuff if the shirt….then bought Merino Wool gloves and they cover perfectly.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools