Topic

ULA backpack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) ULA backpack

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ”V” (CzechClown)
    BPL Member

@czechclown

For those that have a ULA Backpack, which is  better the Drawstring Extension Collar of the Ohm 2.0 or the Rolltop Closure of the Circuit.

Matthew / BPL

@matthewkphx

The rolltop works well and compresses the pack nicely but I prefer simpler closures these days. It’s a personal preference… it’s hard to say that one is betrrr than the other.

”V” (CzechClown)
    BPL Member

@czechclown

Matthew,

Thanks for the feed back. I am going to order a Ula Ohm but had thought of ordering it with the rolltop.

Mark V.
    BPL Member

@room210

Locale: Northern California

As Matthew said, it is really up to your preference. I have a P2 with a drawstring and a Catalyst with a roll top. I prefer the roll top and I can compress the pack much better and I can secure it at night to keep out anything that might want to get in.

Bob Shuff
    BPL Member

@slbear

Locale: SoCal

I have both circuit with rolltop and Ohm with draw string.  I thought I would prefer the rolltop but it takes a few more seconds and is more fiddly.  That’s how picky you need to be to have a preference.  Rolltop should be more weather resistant.  I have a lid I use on both and also don’t count on either being waterproof.

Arne L.
    BPL Member

@arnel

Locale: Europe

My KS Ultralight KS50 has a drawstring, but if possible I still roll the top a few times to keep the weather out.

It just doens’t have the ‘classic’ drybag-buckles. Don’t like buckles.

Turley
    BPL Member

@turley

Locale: So Cal

I’ve had both and prefer the drawstring closure as I prefer the simplicity….as stated above I just roll it over a few time. Regardless, it is a personal preference….and you can’t go wrong with ULA

Scott Koons
    BPL Member

@skoons

I have a circuit and an Ohm. I’ve always loved the roll top but as I use the Ohm more I admit I like the drawstring simplicity better.  It’s really a personal choice.

”V” (CzechClown)
    BPL Member

@czechclown

Much appreciated…..Everyone

Jeff Jeff
    BPL Member

@jeffjeff

I originally liked the roll top because it compresses so much better, but now I’ve come to prefer the drawstring because it’s so much easier to get inside the pack.

I don’t think the material is water resistance enough for a roll top to provide any benefit as far as weather protection goes.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools