Topic

Uinta Loop

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Uinta Loop

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

I’m considering a loop including Deadhorse Lake and either Lake Allsop or Lake Priord.  From pictures I’ve been able to find Lake Allsop seems a little more scenic than Priord.  Anyone familiar with this area?  Is there a route to get from Allsop to Dead Horse Lake?

George F
    BPL Member

@gfraizer13

Locale: Wasatch

I haven’t been to Alllsop or Priord yet myself but I have spent a lot of time looking at them while trying to plan loops in the region. There are quite a few trip reports out there of crossing the pass S of Priord, I have not been able to find any for exiting Allsop to the S. It looks like Allsop E to Deadhorse is doable, though it is hard to find many reports on it: Here’s one, it goes over the scree slope NE of Allsop. Allsop Pass, more directly between the two lakes doesn’t look like a good idea. Google Earth is a great tool for planning in the area, between that and existing trip reports it will be Priord for me when I finally get to doing a loop like yours, though Allsop is more scenic.

Jeff M.
    BPL Member

@catalyst

Thanks George.  I did come upon a trip report somewhere talking about exiting Allsop to the south but didn’t see the one you linked talking about going over to Deadhorse.  Looks doable.  To be honest, I’ll probably end up doing both of the lakes eventually.  I’m a southern California transplant, so I’m replacing the Sierra with the Uinta range as my easy to reach summer playground.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools