Topic

Two person long tent?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Two person long tent?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

Hello,

Looking for any suggestions for a tent that will fit a 6’5″ person and a 6′ person.  It would be nice if there was separate mesh liner and fly but not a deal breaker.   Free standing or trekking pole structure.  Thank you!

Jason
    BPL Member

@hermantherugger

I think the Yama Swiftline would fit the bill.  I’m 6’2″, have extra space on the “long side”, and I think could make the “short side” work.  Plenty of room for two people to sit up, and it makes really good use of double-walled sections where it counts.  I think Yama is making another run of them right now, with some updates.

Bruce Tolley
    BPL Member

@btolley

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

I am 6 ft 2 inch tall and sleep on a NeoAir pad.  I have found that my TarpTent Double Rainbow with a  specified length of 88 inches is the longest tent that I own, and has more than enough length room for me and my tall wife.  Since the walls are fairly steep, most of that room is usable.

Todd T
    BPL Member

@texasbb

Locale: Pacific Northwest

The lack of answers by comparably (to you) tall people might be an answer in itself.  I’m 6’5″ and fit nicely in my X-Mid 2, but I lie sort of diagonally and am not sure how well it would work with another person in there.  Tarptent’s new Dipole 2 *might* be what you’re looking for, but we’ll see.

Don’t listen to shorter people who “just know” you’ll fit because they have “so much” room leftover.  99% of the time they’re wrong.

Ron Jameson
    BPL Member

@tigerpaws

Locale: Upstate SC

I believe Big Agnes is coming out with long tent in 2 and 3 person size.

Jason
    BPL Member

@hermantherugger

At 6’2” I find the Swiftline more livable than the xmid (sold the xmid after a trip or two).

You’re absolutely right though, opinions aren’t a good proxy for height. I have come across a lot of tents that “work great” for 6’ folks that I end up finding too cozy.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools