Topic

Two-night semi-loop in NW Colorado

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Two-night semi-loop in NW Colorado

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Dan
    BPL Member

@dan-s

Locale: Colorado

Companion forum thread to: Two-night semi-loop in NW Colorado

Last weekend I took Zelda and Max on one of my favorite two-nighters. This loop connects two dead-end trails via an off-trail section. It’s only a little over 20 miles with several ups and downs between 9,600′ and 11,700′. I parked on the road between the two trailheads to break up the unpleasant (2-3 mile) road-walking section. We saw plenty of elk and marmots, a mother moose with twin babies, but no people…

Ryan Jordan
    Admin

@ryan

Locale: Central Rockies

I’m heading that direction for a 9-day trip staring Tuesday! Looking forward to that tundra, just not during the peak of skeeter season…!

Dan
    BPL Member

@dan-s

Locale: Colorado

That could be, Ryan. Last summer was remarkably bug-free, and we had another really dry Spring, but normally it would be that time of year. Unfortunately, I’ve been down with COVID for the past couple of weeks so I can’t give you a firsthand report. You should see some good flowers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools