Topic

Tuolumne Meadows snow report

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion Tuolumne Meadows snow report

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jscott
    BPL Member

@book

Locale: Northern California

https://www.nps.gov/yose/blogs/quick-update-for-january-29-2020.htm

I always like looking at this. 82 inches since Jan 27.

Kevin Babione
    BPL Member

@kbabione

Locale: Pennsylvania

Living in Pennsylvania (where we just got about 12 inches over 2 days), I cannot fathom getting 82 inches of snow in 2-3 days.  It’s simply mind-blowing to me!  And that was on top of what they already had!

Thanks for sharing…

Paul Wagner
    BPL Member

@balzaccom

Locale: Wine Country

I love those reports.  The two rangers who write them are a delight–always finding some wildlife notes to add into the snow depths and wind chill.

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Great photos and VERY different from the White Wolf -to- Meadows scenery I’ve seen while backpacking in the summer.

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

The rangers usually update weekly. They get around really well in the snow and will post photos from well out of T meadows. With six plus new feet of snow, they’re not venturing as far last week, as they noted.

One can extrapolate a bit about high country snow conditions from their photos.

jscott
    BPL Member

@book

https://www.nps.gov/yose/blogs/update-for-february-3-2021.htm

tuolumne from about a week ago. Better! More storms on the way, but not like this last one.

the rangers update weekly.

JB
    BPL Member

@ochotona

Having spent a bunch of time up there in the winter when I used to live in the park, I am more envious of the Tuolumne winter ranger job than any other job on earth.

Brian H
    BPL Member

@reno1

Judging how the snowpack looks around Tahoe, even the east side, I know it is looking deep up in Tuolumne Mdw.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!