Topic

Tube Style Sleeping Bag Sizing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Tube Style Sleeping Bag Sizing

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Zack L
    BPL Member

@zloomis

I’d like to buy my girlfriend a FF Flicker. She’s about 5’2″, I’m debating getting her the Regular length, or ordering a custom 5’6″ version. What is the consensus on length for hoodless bags? Too long a hooded bag on a cold night can give you cold feet, but I imagine on a hoodless bag you could bury your head in there a bit (I know that’s not recommended practice). Anyway what are your thoughts people? Thanks in advance.

R L
    Spectator

@slip-knot

Locale: SF Bay Area, East Bay

I’ve been a FF fanboy for thirty years.  Presently have a 20* Hummingbird and a 20* Flicker YF.  You should take advantage of FF’s rental program.  It will answer your questions.  I  did a rental for both bags listed above to check fit.  You can get creative with closing off/pinching the footbox using cordage or velcro or fold it inside or over the bag.  Stuff extra clothes into the bottom.  It’s hoodless so roll down the top.  The collar is puffy.  The Flicker will open flat.  I really like it for my locale.  If you order a custom, resale will or may be harder.  Just some thoughts. ~RL

Eric Blanche
    BPL Member

@eblanche

Locale: Northeast US

I’m 5’6.”

I’ve owned and made ‘several’ bags/quilts and IMO a REG size would not be necessary for her. Another consideration is if she likes to burrow up in the quilt/bag and enclose her face and nose into the confined area. Obviously, a longer bag will allow this more easily.

#dextergear

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools