Topic

TT Moment v TT Notch

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) TT Moment v TT Notch

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Stuart Doddy
    BPL Member

@englishstu

Hi, I am Brit but done half the AT and the JMT. <span style=”display: inline !important; float: none; background-color: transparent; color: #333333; font-family: sans-serif; font-size: 14px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: 400; letter-spacing: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: left; text-decoration: none; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px;”>My base weight is about 12 lb.</span>

I have both of these shelters and wonder if I should sell the Moment which I have not used for at least a year. The Moment I feel is the better all round shelter and is more room however I stealth camp most of the time and the larger footprint of the Moment makes places a bit harder to sneak into. As I have added a few more tie outs for the windy UK conditions  my Notch is only a few ounces lighter; it does have the double skin half inner and net. Right now I am not desperate for cash from a sale.

I know it will be my decision but can anyone help me make it. Last year I did have shelter clear out  of Tarps which I used previously; probably should have kept one :-0

Stuart Doddy
    BPL Member

@englishstu

Why do I get the font gobbledegoop

bradmacmt
    BPL Member

@bradmacmt

Locale: montana

Why do I get the font gobbledegoop

Because the United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language :)

Alex Wallace
    BPL Member

@feetfirst

Locale: Sierra Nevada North

If you don’t use it, sell it. Most likely the longer you wait the less you’ll get for it, too.

Stuart Doddy
    BPL Member

@englishstu

Thanks Alex, must admit I am heading that way.

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

I stealth camp most of the time and the larger footprint of the Moment makes places a bit harder to sneak into.

What exactly do you mean about sneaking into places to camp?

Stuart Doddy
    BPL Member

@englishstu

In England Stealth(wild) camping is for the most part illegal even in National Parks, ok in Scotland (away from roads and dwellings), and on Dartmoor I believe;so one has to be cautious. Seeking permission is possible but would involve treks to farms when they would likely say no-I have had that happen.
    However wild camping is tolerated in the main with leave no trace. The mantra is camp late and leave early.
    Over the last few years I have walked all the GB National Trail, over 3000 miles, and wild camped just about all of them. I look at the route and estimate my days walk about 15 miles(24K) and look for a suitable spot to camp. I prefer woodland as you are away from early/late dog walkers, early morning farmers on quad bikes etc. When I arrive I check for suitability. Finding a space for the TT Notch is easier then for the TT Moment; the Notch has that slightly smaller base.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools