Topic

TT Moment DW DCF?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

Can we expect this from Henry or does the design not lend itself to DCF?  A Notch Li w a hoop instead of trekking poles. Just sayin.

Henry?

J-L
    BPL Member

@johnnyh88

If they can make the Rainbow in DCF, I think a Moment would be possible. In BPL’s review, however, Ryan Jordan made this comment:

It will be interesting to see if/when a DCF version becomes available, but I’m not yet convinced if that will add anything meaningful. There’s a distinct advantage of having a tunnel tent made out of silnylon, which has some stretch, because you can really crank down the tent’s tension between the two end stakes and have an extraordinarily wind-resistant structure. I can do the same with my Enan, and I’m not sure you could get that with DCF  to the same extent. The DCF versions of the Terra Nova Laser tents can’t be tensioned as tight.

I’d be more interested in Tarptent moving to silpoly or 20D silnylon. 30D silnylon is looking pretty old for 3-season tents – maybe I can see it justified for their Scarp model. MLD is using 20D silnylon on most of their shelters now (even the Duomid and Trailstar), and as the floor material for their inner tents.

Steve H
    Spectator

@hop

Yes, I do recall reading Ryan’s comments now on cranking down silnylon.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools